Thursday, December 12, 2013

day no. 12,834: the resurrection of the dead (again)

Luke 9:23

Then He said to them all, “If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

How is it that I learned so well how to resurrect the dead?

I hate my sin.
But I like it a little too.

I just cannot bear to part with my self.

So daily I must die, because daily I resurrect with skill the stone-covered shell cast off from my heart only hours before.

I must die daily because I am a master at resurrecting my flesh.

We must decide how to die today and know that we will again have to die tomorrow.

If it were only dying once, it would be easier (cleaner if you will).

But the daily bloodbath that is the battlefield of my soul wages on and on and on.

You are not done dying if you are not done following Jesus.

I know you just want it to end.
I, too, often want to be done with it.

Don't give up.
Do it again.

Die.

Be a disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment