Monday, December 2, 2013

day no. 12,824 continued... do you find fear or freedom in finding out that God is everywhere and knows each and every thing?

Yesterday morning we had old school/new school church. We sat in the living room with the Sabinos and their children and watched a Cornerstone sermon on Biblical sexuality on-line.
 
In discussing the passage afterwards, the following verse and idea occurred to me.
 
Proverbs 5:21
 
21 For a man’s ways are before the Lord’s eyes,
and He considers all his paths.
 
It is a terrifying proposition to consider that God knows everything about me. This idea produces fear and discomfort because I know enough about me to know that I am often ashamed of the thoughts that occur to me. Even if I have the restraint to forego working out that which my mind works in, it is still haunting to consider that God knows that. It is not hidden from Him.
 
I then considered how great and marvelous and all-knowing God must be to know with such detail the motives and thoughts of each person He creates. This capacity is exclusively Divine.
 
But then I considered that this same capacity that produces fear when coupled with assessment is the same capacity that produces confidence when coupled with Christ.
 
If He can judge me thoroughly, with no detail escaping His glance, He can free me entirely, with no sin left for which to account.
 
He can count each and every sin without missing a single one.
 
This is horrifying if each one adds to the weight of my punishment.
This is liberating if each and every weight is being removed to free me to move in Him.
 
That means, I can with full confidence, be assured that the full weight of my sin is known, accounted, paid for and forgiven.
 
Colossians 1:19-20
 
19 For God was pleased to have
all His fullness dwell in Him,
20 and through Him to reconcile
everything to Himself
by making peace
through the blood of His cross—
whether things on earth or things in heaven.
 
I then read My Utmost for His Highest which reinforced this reality.

What are you haunted by? You will say – By nothing, but we are all haunted by something, generally by ourselves, or, if we are Christians, by our experience. The Psalmist says we are to be haunted by God. The abiding consciousness of the life is to be God, not thinking about Him. The whole of our life inside and out is to be absolutely haunted by the presence of God. A child’s consciousness is so mother-haunted that although the child is not consciously thinking of its mother, yet when calamity arises, the relationship that abides is that of the mother. So we are to live and move and have our being in God, to look at everything in relation to God, because the abiding consciousness of God pushes itself to the front all the time.
 
If we are haunted by God, nothing else can get in, no cares, no tribulation, no anxieties. We see now why Our Lord so emphasized the sin of worry. How can we dare be so utterly unbelieving when God is round about us? To be haunted by God is to have an effective barricade against all the onslaughts of the enemy.
 
"His soul shall dwell at ease." In tribulation, misunderstanding, slander, in the midst of all these things,if our life is hid with Christ in God, He will keep us at ease. We rob ourselves of the marvellous revelation of this abiding companionship of God."God is our Refuge" – nothing can come through that shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment