Monday, April 29, 2013

happy birthday Penelope!

My little girl turns 3 years old today!

Psalm 144:12

May our sons in their youth
be like plants full grown,
our daughters like corner pillars
cut for the structure of a palace

I pray that you would grow up to be beautiful and reliable, lovely and dependable, elegant and sturdy, remarkable and meek, feminine and trustworthy.

May you be like a corner pillar cut for the structure of a pallace.  May your beauty be admired and your integrity honored.

I will guard your heart as long as you let me.

May you submit to me, wear authority on your head, be kind, gentle and quiet, laugh at the days to come, and honor your father and mother by protecting your heart from the idolatry of self-reliance.

I have enjoyed getting to know you so much little girl. 
I love your spitfire little personality and your go-with-the-flow-ness.
Lord knows you did not inherit it from either your mom or me.

I am very excited as we enter the days where I have increased access to your heart.

You are developing language and charisma and I am thrilled to get to peek inside that little heart of yours in hearing its overflow speak.

May you never be satisfied in anything less than Jesus.
I pray you find heartache unto repentance in every endeavor not devoted to Him

May He in His grace forgive your sins.
May you in obedience receive His rightness.

I love you Sissy.
May you follow me as I follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment