Wednesday, April 9, 2014

day no. 12,952: arms raised in praise‏

(this almost serves as a part 2 to yesterday's post. so if you didn't read yesterday's post, please do to set the context)
 
Do you remember when Moses was helping the Israelites fight by raising his staff?  His arms got tired and when his arms fell, the Israelites would begin losing the battle and when he lifted up his hands they would begin winning the battle (EX 17:8-13) .
 
Then Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other so that his hands remained steady until the sun went down.”
 
God gave the victory through Moses receiving help from attentive friends and family coming to his side.
 
My friends Paul and Jenni and my wife Paige recently worked hard to persuade me to allow them to help me lift my hands.
 
I recognize that when my hands are up, God is working.
 
I also recognize that I get tired and cannot keep my hands up as long as I like.
 
My feelings were telling me that better men would hold their hands up higher.
 
Maybe that’s true.
It is quite likely true.
 
Even still, my feelings used this to persuade me to put my hands down altogether.
 
All OR Nothing.
 
Paul, Jenni and Paige were good to remind me by God’s grace that His work is accomplished by me and in me and through me in receiving help from Him and His people as an utterly dependent, weak man.
 
I am ready to be weak again.
 
I am tired of trying to be strong on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment