Thursday, April 3, 2014

day no. 12,946 continued... the text came at 6:44 this morning

This morning at 6:44 am, I got a text from Paul Sabino asking me to call him when I had a minute.  I was meeting with Jake Hering, our new Worship Director at Candeo.  We were having coffee at Cup of Joe.  After we parted ways and I was driving to work in Waverly, I gave Paul a call. It was 8:19 am.  Paul had wanted to touch base to confirm that he, Joel and Stan had affirmed me as an Elder after the seven month process of training and vetting. 

There are moments in your life that you sometimes realize how amazing they are in the moment.  Most of our major moments we look back on knowing now what we didn't know then - that is the impact of that particular event.  This is one of those events that makes itself evident in the moment that it is happening.

This is a big deal. 

I'm excited.  I'm humbled.  I'm optimistic.  I'm prayerful.

Thank You God for this opportunity. 
Equip Your servant for Your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment