For reasons still unknown to me I only this year began listening to books on CD when commuting to work. As such, I ended up blitzing through a number of books. The following list compiles the books I read this year.
On your marks... get set.... BOOKS!
1. The Bible - God the Holy Spirit
2. A Christmas Carol - Dickens
3. Shepherding a Child's Heart - Tripp
4. The Stranger - Camus
5. Animal Farm - Orwell
6. Farhenheit 451 - Bradbury
7. Strong: As a Man Is, So is His Strength - Pennock
8. My Utmost for His Highest - Chambers
9. Pastor Dad - Driscoll
10. Of Mice and Men - Steinbeck
11. Anne of Green Gables - Montgomery
12. The Outsiders - Hinton
13. Crazy Love - Chan
14. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Wilde
15. Porn Again Christian - Driscoll
16. Simple Church - Rainer & Geiger
17. 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith - Collaborative effort
18. The Call of the Wild - London
19. The Master and Margarita - Bulgakov
20. Real Marriage - Driscoll
21. A Farewell to Arms - Hemmingway
22. Heidelberg Catechism - Ursinus & Olevianus
23. East of Eden - Steinbeck
24. Atonement - McEwan
25. Confessions - St. Augustine
26. Night - Wiesel
27. The Old Man and the Sea - Hemmingway
28. Catch 22 - Heller
29. Lord of the Flies - Golding
30. Jane Eyre - Bronte
2013 will likely not yield the same number and variety of books as I have taken to using my commuting time in the morning for prayer and focusing on the day ahead rather than listening to books on CD. But that is for now. I often go through phases and may find myself again diving back into the waters of audio books on CD before the year's end. You can bang out a significant number of books if you have an hour long commute each way I discovered. I am hoping to find a job that finds me less and less in my car by necessity as we move to Cedar Falls. I would love to work closer to home. That means more time in bed in the morning and more time with my wife and kids in the evening. Win/Win. I have daily time reserved for reading the Bible in the morning. I also read the devotional from My Utmost for His Highest every day. So those two are staples of my diet.
Have you ever read any of the books above?
What did you think of them and who recommended them to you?
I got a lot of them from THIS LIST.
Do you have any books you think I should try to tackle in 2013?