Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thoughts from (Book Review): "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov

                                           

I am posting this as "Thoughts from..." rather than "Book Review:" because I have to seek out some people smarter than me to figure out exactly what I just read it would be quite the undertaking.  That and I have recently just began posting everything not from the Bible as "Thoughts from..."

I recently read this book and found one line of particular import: 

“It has rightly been said, ‘Man is mortal.’ And sometimes suddenly so.”

We all acknowledge that we will die one day, but for most of us that "one day" is a far off fairy tale.  We are all of the sudden mortal and never more so than the day we unexpectedly die. 

The Bible speaks of us being frail and a vapor and like flowers of the field that fall.

In Men's BASIC, the men's minisry at my church, we are going through "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan this summer.  Chapter 2 of his book is all about dying.  Check out what you are missing below.

No comments:

Post a Comment