Monday, December 25, 2017

day no. 14,308 continued... inward and upward

Psalm 15
Who can live with God? Who can keep up with Him? That person must walk blamelessly, speak truth in his heart and out of his mouth, honor the Lord at all times and in all ways, keep a promise even when it doesn't turn out the way he'd hoped, give money without expecting a return, and judge rightly regardless of relation to the parties. This kind of person can live with God up high on His hill. Only that type of person can breathe that kind of air and survive. Every other set of lungs will burst or shrink under that kind of pressure. One can die there, but one cannot live there. This standard is unbending and eternal. This is the measure of the man who gets to live with God. And so those who accurately acknowledge this standard are left with despair when they look inward and faith when they look upward saying, "If I am to be saved, He must save me. I cannot save myself. Please God make a way for me. If You don't, I can't. Help!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment