Wednesday, December 13, 2017

day no. 14,296: the law of hell is bait and switch; the rule of heaven is wait and see

Psalm 13
Asking, seeking and knocking are far more difficult than ask, seek and knock. That pesky "ing" makes it a process and like all things in process, it can be hard to wait while wondering, "How long is this going to take?!?!?!" It is hard to say, "Please," more than once. It tests your commitment to the request and your trust of the one you're asking. So David reminds himself in this moment of what has been true in the past: "I trust in Your steadfast love." I will not doubt it now. I will not doubt in the dark what I have seen in the light. I will sing for all that I have already received and trust the best is yet to come. The rule of hell is bait and switch: the best wine at the beginning and the bad stuff once you're drunk. The rule of heaven is wait and see: the best wine is yet to be served!

No comments:

Post a Comment