Wednesday, December 6, 2017

day no .14,289: and God knew

Exodus 2:23-25
23 During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. 24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. 25 God saw the people of Israel—and God knew.

God did not forget His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and suddenly remember it like I did this past year on Father's Day. I totally forgot to get my dad a Father's Day card as I usually do. I forgot and then I remembered, but it was already afternoon on Father's Day. It was too late to remember and have it mean the same thing. God did not forget His standing appointment with Israel. God knew. The whole time, He knew. It wasn't too late although it surely felt like a long time coming from Israel's perspective. It does make me wonder if perhaps it was Israel who had forgotten. Perhaps this was the first time in centuries that they had collectively turned their hearts heavenward in seeking a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment