Friday, December 22, 2017

day no. 14,305: you will do what God wants... eventually

Exodus 5:2
But Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, and moreover, I will not let Israel go.”

Who is Yahweh that I should listen to him? That was Pharaoh's question and that is the question before us. Who is Yahweh? Is He God? Is He the only God? Why does He get a say in what I do? Why should I rearrange my plans in response to His commands?

Do you know God? If you do, it follows that you will do what He says. If you don't know Him, it makes sense that you don't listen to Him. Pharaoh was about to meet Yahweh, the one true God. And he would eventually do what God desired. He would let God's people go. But only after God used a strong arm of persuasion to convince him. It was, however, not to Pharaoh's credit, but to God's glory that he eventually relented.

How will your story end? You will do what God wants....eventually. Will it be for His glory and your good? It will be to His glory... whether or not it is for your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment