Monday, December 18, 2017

day no. 14,301: the end proclaimed at the beginning

Exodus 4:21-23
And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go. 22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I say to you, “Let my son go that he may serve me.” If you refuse to let him go, behold, I will kill your firstborn son.’"

Again, we see God calling His shots before the drama ensues. Before Moses steps foot back in Egypt it is already determined by God that Pharaoh will resist and that the life of the firstborn son is at stake.  Pharaoh will know from the onset where this is all headed so that he has no one to blame but himself by the end of this when he buries his firstborn son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment