Sunday, December 10, 2017

day no. 14,293: He is Who He says He is

Exodus 3:13-14
Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

The Name of the Lord is YHWH. He is the great I AM. He is self-existent, depending upon no other person and no other thing in order to be. He just is. He is what He is and always will be. He is the same yesterday, today and forever and does not change. I AM said, "You go." We ought to believe Who He is and do what He says because we first believe He is Who He says He is.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder what the people thought when Moses came to them and was like, "I AM has sent me." Did they know what he was talking about?

    ReplyDelete