Friday, July 7, 2017

day no. 14,137: is being accepted what you still want?

Genesis 4:7
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is contrary to you, but you must rule over it.

Cain, you know what to do. I haven't given you a command too confusing or too difficult. You can do this and you can be accepted, but I cannot accept anything other than what I've told you specifically to do. It is within your capacity to understand and to perform. You have chosen to do things your way and you are in danger. Repent. Change your mind. Do what you've been told, the way you've been told to do it. Please. Say, "No," to whatever story you are telling yourself. The bald facts are that I am willing to accept you, even now, if you will just do what I've clearly asked. So it is back on you, "Is being accepted what you still want?"

No comments:

Post a Comment