Friday, September 20, 2013

day no. 12,751: plants and pillars‏

Psalm 144:12
 
May our sons in their youth
be like plants full grown,
our daughters like corner pillars
cut for the structure of a palace
 
This is my prayer.
 
Full grown plants are strong and produce fruit.
They are stable and rooted.
 
May my boys become men.
May they do this at a young age.
 
Pillars are structurally necessary.
They are stable and determine the course for the columns to follow.
Corner pillars are beautiful.
They are not merely pragmatic, but powerfully persuasive.
 
May my daughters be beautiful and bountiful.
May they fill the roles determined for them in grace.
May they depend upon grace for their sense of beauty.
 
I love my kids.
I love the Bible.
I love what the Bible says about kids.
 
My heart echoes this prayer intensely.
There is so much I could flesh out from it.
 
I plan to encourage my kids with these words often.
 
Plants are only as strong as their dependence upon water, soil, sun and circumstances.
Pillars are only as beautiful as they are carved, conformed, anchored and established in the place and image that the Craftsman desires.
 
May my family be full of plants and pillars, boys and girls who become men and women after God’s own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment