Tuesday, July 3, 2018

day no. 14,498: contrarian

Leviticus 26:27-28
But if in spite of this you will not listen to me, but walk contrary to me, 28 then I will walk contrary to you in fury, and I myself will discipline you sevenfold for your sins.

God loves His children too much to watch them walk in darkness. He also loves them too much to not intercede with discipline. He loves them too much to simply walk away or let go of the leash. He turns some over to their own interests, but not His children. He turns the temperature of discipline up as His fury grows. But it is discipline, not punishment. It is meant to teach, to instruct, to guide and to change. The goal is that His kids would again listen to Him and He does not grow weary of getting our attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment