Monday, March 12, 2018

day no. 14,385: pleasant words

Exodus 24:7-8
Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient.” 8 And Moses took the blood and threw it on the people and said, “Behold the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.”

"All this we will do,"are pleasant words for a parent to hear… unless it is followed by doing what was forbidden and foregoing what was required.

1 comment:

  1. I have such a hard time not rolling my eyes at the Israelites when they say stuff like this. I have such a hard time as a parent not scoffing a little inside when the kids say stuff like, "I love you and will ALWAYS do what you say!" Um, sure. But it is the same in my own heart - I feel genuine when I 'recommit' my efforts to God, and so quickly fall back into old patterns. Thank God for his patience!

    ReplyDelete