Wednesday, July 17, 2013

jack bauer, billy bad apple-tastic!!!

John 10:18

“No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”
Jesus just said, “No one can kill Me without My permission.”
That not only is the single toughest thing I have ever heard anyone say, it is made even more so by the fact that He could cash that check. It wasn’t just a tough thing to say: it was a tough thing to do.
No one can choose without caveat the time and place and circumstances of their demise.
But if one could, they would not.
If you controlled that much, you would choose not to die.
 
Jesus DID control that much.
And He died.

On purpose.
With purpose.

In our place.
For our sin.
 
In our place.
For our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment