Friday, July 19, 2013

"better to have loved and lost...

…than to never have loved at all.” (J)

Try it.” (K)

~ Men In Black

Paige and I watched “Shadowlands” last night.
In the movie, C.S. Lewis states,
Why love, if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore: only the life I have lived. Twice in that life I've been given the choice: as a boy and as a man. The boy chose safety, the man chooses suffering. The pain now is part of the happiness then. That's the deal.”
J may have been correct in pointing K to the proverbial sentiments attached to giving yourself in love, but K was right to point out that “better” is far from “easier.”
I believe whole-heartedly that God is for my good and His glory.
And I do pray for comfort and ease, but I pray more for faith to grow and believe when I’m uncomfortable and uneasy because my “better," my good and His glory at times may require my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment