Friday, May 31, 2013

todd the grey‏

So apparently the jury is still out on the whole “grey” v. “gray” thing.

I noticed one stray grey hair northeast of my passenger side temple a few months back. I got excited.  I have been excited about gray hair for a while now.  Don’t know when or why, but I have.

I just saw in the mirror several little grey warriors popping through my chin, a few scattered throughout my cheeks and some companions joining Christopher Columbus on my temple to explore this brave new world.

Proverbs 16:31

Gray hair is a crown of glory;
it is gained in a righteous life.

My crown of glory is apparently claimed in victory by a very sporadic, slow-moving army.

Proverbs 20:29

The glory of young men is their strength,
but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.

My splendor’s website is apparently under construction.


Psalm 71:18

So even to old age and gray hairs,
    O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
    your power to all those to come.

I want to live longer because I have kids who do not yet know Jesus.
I want to be the one to tell them about Him.

In the meantime, I will have to settle for being only a slightly silver fox.

Watch yo back Clooney, you aren’t the only one who likes salt-n-pepa.
 .
(but you do pull it off far better than most)

No comments:

Post a Comment