Thursday, January 18, 2024

day no. 16,523: expect trouble, expect help

"Expect trouble, therefore, Christian, when thou lookest beneath thee. Then look around thee. Where art thou? Thou art in an enemy's country, a stranger and a sojourner. The world is not thy friend. If it be, then thou art not God's friend, for he who is the friend of the world is the enemy of God. Be assured that thou shalt find foe-men everywhere. When thou sleepest, think that thou art resting on the battlefield; when thou walkest, suspect an ambush in every hedge... Expect trouble then, but despond not on account of it, for God is with thee to help and to strengthen thee. He hath said, 'I will be with thee in trouble; I will deliver thee and honour thee.'" — Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Christian, expect trouble, but expect help.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

You are a Christian.
Trouble will come.

Matthew 28:20
I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

You are a Christian.
Help will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment