Sunday, January 7, 2024

day no. 16,512: cut down the proud

Isaiah 51:9
Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

This is the way.

Always has been, always will be.

Awake, O warrior, and clothe yourself in strength. Come to the aid of the captive and set her free. Cut down the proud and slay the sly. Rise up and put the proud down.

This is the constant backdrop behind every story, the soundtrack playing behind every scene:

“Kill the Dragon; Get the Girl."

The cry of the captive has always been, "Save me!" and the cry of the knight has always been, "Here I am. Send me."

The dragon is always a threat to the people and the knight is always a threat to the dragon. For every firebreather, God raises up a firefighter. For every proud serpent, God provides a slayer.

Psalm 118:11
They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side; in the name of the LORD I cut them off!

The reign of the tyrants evaporates when the Son comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment