Wednesday, January 10, 2024

day no. 16,515: at our twelve and on our six

Isaiah 52:12
For you shall not go out with haste, Nor go by flight; For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard. 

God is the reason and the rallying point. He goes before and watches your behind. He is the target and the twang of the arrow. He is in the vision and vanguard that guides and in the mission and marching that follows. He is the goal and the gumption. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the be all and end all. When you roll with God, He clears the way and keeps you going. He is at our twelve and on our six. He is never in a panic. We need never worry about what is next or what is behind. In Christ, the striving and the scrapping sleep well.

Philippians 3:12-14
I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment