Wednesday, April 15, 2020

day no. 15,150: juniper elise, 1 year old extraordinaire!

Juniper Elise Van Voorst, you are one year old today!!!

We have yet to settle a consistent nickname for you. Juni is a fan favorite because it's merely an abbreviated version of your name. So it's a natural shoe in. But Callista's calling you "Pepper" in an attempt to say, "Juniper" is quite adorable. From there "Pep" or "Pepsi" become natural tertiary nicknames. Junicorn is said in jest every once in a blue moon. Junipeno is a play off of being a Juniper pepper. Nipsy refuses to become a thing. Sometimes, just Juniper does the trick. Your mom affectionately calls you, "Nugget" or "Box Baby" because you're such chunky monkey. 

Either way, wherever it ends up landing, you are our sweet little girl. I love your smile and your calm nature. You are chill. You are content being where you are and not raising a fuss unless you actually need something. When you do, you have this amazing toothy cry where you jut out your lower jaw and give birth to a raspy protest. Your voice is amazing. It is gravelly and deep and it fits you perfectly. Your hair is coming in and it's so much fun to see your face taking shape. Some children look like they're going to look from day one while others take shape over time. I feel like you are of the latter variety and that I'm only now beginning to see who you will look like.

You are adored by all of your siblings. They love picking you up and making you laugh and getting on the floor with you. They love making you smile, which is not difficult. You are a happy go lucky kind of lady, rolling with the punches of baby life. 

I am excited to get to know you, to hear your voice, to hear your thoughts, to teach you about our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, to introduce you to your siblings, to help you, counsel you, correct you, encourage you, etc... God made you specifically for us. He chose us for each other. I'm your dad and not by accident. I have loved you from the day I knew you were inside your mother's womb and I continue to love you now. You don't know me yet. You recognize me, but you don't know me. You don't know your God yet, but you recognize His provision. I am excited to introduce myself to you and to introduce you to your God. I love that God made you a Van Voorst. I love being your dad and can't wait for all the good times we will share by His grace and for our good.

I love you little lady. Always have, always will. No matter what. Forever and ever. 
Amen.

Love,
Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment