Wednesday, June 26, 2019

day no. 14,856: Callista is two!!

Today, Callista Janelle turns two years old. You are such a sweet little girl. I am really enjoying this season of seeing you grow and mature and getting to know the person you are. While I was home on paternity leave with Juniper, I really enjoyed getting to spend more time than usual with you: waking you up from naps, changing your diapers, putting you down for naps, etc... I had a lot more face time and hands on opportunities to serve you and get to know you while mom was recovering from birthing Juniper. When you needed comfort, my arms were the open ones that held you since the usual arms were busy nursing a newborn. You are such a sweet little lady and I'm so glad that I had that time to get to know you specifically and see the woman you are becoming.

You love participating in whatever anyone else is doing. You love coloring, which is great, but you love coloring best in books, which is not great. You love carrying your mom's phone around. You would carry mine, but you often can't reach it. That, by the by, is not by accident :) I love listening to you say, "visit many good books, but live in the Bible," after I hold up our dinner time picture and ask, "what did Spurgeon say?" Although you say it more like, "nin nin ninna... Bible!" At night after I sing "Be Thou My Vision" and begin praying with you, you often put your tiny little hands together in the form of a prayer and stare at me with those big, beautiful, blue eyes. When someone is crying, you rush to their side and pat their back. You love well and are well loved. 

Happy 2nd Birthday, Callista! I have always loved you. Before you knew me, I knew you and before you even knew who I was, I already loved you. I always have and I always will. No matter what. Forever and ever. Amen.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment