Saturday, January 27, 2018

day no. 14,341: grace and mercy, strength and shield

Psalm 28
Mercy is not getting the bad you have earned. Grace is getting a good you have not earned. We cry for mercy and grace in order to be forgiven of our sins for which we have earned death and in order to receive God's righteousness which we could never earn.

Everyone gets a reward. Some choose the wages of this life which rewards in men's applause, wealth, comfort and ease, etc... but carries with it the eternal reward of death. Some choose the wages of Heaven in this life which rewards in men's criticism, poverty, difficulty and tribulation, but carries with it the eternal reward of life everlasting.

God is my strength and my shield, my righteousness and my sacrifice, my grace and my mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment