Tuesday, January 23, 2018

day no. 14,337: wait well

Psalm 27
It is difficult here to relate to David. I've never been involved in war, had actual weapons and missiles of various kind against me. I've never had my life on the line for the sake of the Gospel. It is good to be instructed here by one who has. There exists the ability to stay true to God though the world around you is collapsing. There is strength to persevere by grace through faith in fiery trial. And that is true regardless of the scale of the trial. I've shrunken back before less than David here stands firm. Those who wait on The Lord will renew their strength. Lord, give me greater reserves of patience to wait well, to be better in bad situations. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing lesson! I never thought about it this way. I think I often think, "Well, that doesn't really apply to me since my life is different." But it actually applies to me MORE - the stuff I face is so trivial compared to what David went through, and if he's able to stand strong and dependent in the strength of the Holy Spirit, how few excuses are mine to flex in the face of less!

    ReplyDelete