Tuesday, December 9, 2014

day no. 13,196: the Good News used in Philemon‏

Philemon 1:17-18
17 So if you consider me a partner, accept him as you would me. 18 And if he has wronged you in any way, or owes you anything, charge that to my account. 
Did you catch that?
Gospel!

Paul appeals to basic Gospel truth in his letter to Philemon.

Receive this man, Onesiphorus, as you would me.
If you'd receive me, receive him.

Jesus does the same for us. He asks God the Father to receive any who have faith in Him as the Father would receive Jesus Himself. And the Father agrees.

AND

If he owes anything, charge it to my account.

Didn't Jesus do the very same thing?

He took upon Himself our debts and paid them in full as though they were His debts. He zealously worked hard and sacrificed much to pay off the debt we had accrued.

That is the Gospel.

Jesus' good is credited to our account.

Our bad is charged to Jesus' account.

He dies.
We live.

He rises so that we live forever with Him.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment