Friday, January 17, 2014

day no. 12,870: it is easier to educate a doer than it is to activate a thinker‏

“It is easier to educate a doer than it is to activate a thinker.” - Andy Stanley

I heard this when listening to “The Power of Team - Part 2” at the suggestion of my friend Joel, one of the pastors at Candeo.

In my experience, this has been unsettlingly true.

My timidity was bred by thinking and overthinking.

I wanted to have something so thought through as to avoid error or inefficiency.

But that kind of thinking rarely gets much of anything done.

I was the difficult person many tried to activate for years.

I’m not entirely a doer per se at this point, but I am doing far more.

I’m still a thinker.

I just now think doing what I think about it is more worthwhile than merely thinking about doing stuff.

James 1:22

But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment