Tuesday, August 13, 2013

soulspank‏

My friend Travinci and I invented a band this morning.
It is my pleasure to introduce you Soulspank which derives its names from

Proverbs 15:32
Whoever ignores instruction despises himself,
but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.
 
Being disciplined is of no value if it does not instruct the soul.
So that's the mission of our band.
To spank your soul.

Travinci and I finally have a platform from which to launch our long-talked-about song, “God hates divorce.”
 
When going through the book of Malachi at church a few years back, Travinci and I decided we should write a song based on themes directly pulled from the book we were studying.
 
We never wrote “God hates divorce” as much as mock-thrashed around and made many an allusion to this heavy metal ministry mashed-up monstrosity that was the product of our over-active imaginations and comedic sensibilities. It was less of a song and more just head-banging and screamo-ing “God hates divorce.” While God may “like” marriage, He HATES divorce! That was the subtitle of our first single. We thought it was funny.
 
Ah, remember these days.
Etch them on my mind and soul.
 
It has been so much fun to laugh and befriend brothers who love Jesus and His Word and a well-timed, poorly-executed pun or two.
 
What a blessing to be alongside men whom I love, who love me and love Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment