Wednesday, August 28, 2013

day no. 12,728: an early birthday present

I just found out that on my 35th birthday (Oct. 24th, day no. 12,785 Deo volente) I will have the opportunity to preach and teach at SALT Cedar Falls over Philippians 3:12 - 4:1.

I am so excited.
I am very humbled.

I have imagined getting the chance to teach again someday. 
I've seen myself worshipping and waiting with expectation sitting there nervous with my notes in prayer.

I've imagined looking out over rows of people and thinking about the privilege it would be to get to speak about the Bible to others and wondered when and where and if that would ever happen again.

Lord willing, I will get that chance soon.
And it worked out that it is on my birthday to boot!

Please pray for me to speak rightly and effectively using the gifts God has given to me.
I want to use them to help others love and obey Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. eeeee! that's so great! I will try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be amazing for any number of reasons!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you Ms. Cris, that means a great deal to me. please continue to do so in the weeks leading up to it. i am so excited!

      Delete