Monday, August 12, 2013

how it all works itself out sometimes

Ecclesiastes 10:10
 
If the ax is dull, and one does not sharpen its edge,
then one must exert more strength;
however, the advantage of wisdom is that it brings success.
 
I can run really fast for a short amount of time over a short distance.
If I can run more slowly over a longer period of time, I can run really far.
 
I cannot run really fast for very long.
I will not run slowly if the distance is short.
 
My default is to push.
I will push hard.
 
But I cannot sprint a marathon.
Neither will I trot a dash.
 
I function best when those in charge of me either utilize my strengths in performing easier tasks quickly or utilize my strength of enduring more difficult tasks when given the proper time.
 
I get frustrated when I must sprint for too long.
I try to keep running as fast as you’re asking.
My side hurts.
My ego bursts.
 
I will not punt on performance however.
I will not skip to first base.
I will run it out.
 
These are my strengths and weaknesses as I see them as it relates to industry and general productivity in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment