Monday, June 17, 2013

book review: Quitter by Jon Acuff‏



Learn more about this book HERE.

My sister lent me this book a few weeks before God granted her the job of her dreams.

Jon Acuff lays out a great strategy for determining what it is you really want to do and how to orient your current life around taking steps to see if that is something you could do full-time.

I learned a lot and laughed a lot as well.

For those of you unfamiliar with Acuff’s Stuff Christians Like, check it out.

You’ll laugh.

Unless you take yourself too seriously.

Then you won’t.

And we’ll all laugh at you.

Back to Quitter, only in the past few years has my heart really begun to develop what most of my friends have long called their “passion” or “calling.” I never had one of these. I am a hard worker. I like being productive. But I never had a specific end to which I wanted to work or a particular skill I felt I could pursue.

I want to teach, preach, counsel, encourage, and proclaim the Gospel of God to the lost, the found and everyone in-between. I want to use my mind and creativity to encourage men already leading to lead more and more. I want to use my knowledge and discernment to counsel young Christians trying to make a go of it by grace. I want to be a pastor. I want to learn how to shepherd as I have been shepherded.

Reading Quitter helped me put into perspective the road between where I am and where I want to go.

Thank you LAUREN!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want those things for you as well! great reminder to pray now to that end.

    ReplyDelete