Friday, March 8, 2013

the Chief Shepherd was a Lamb

Revelation 7:17
 
For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes
 
I love the imagery captured here by John adopted perhaps from Psalm 23.being applied to Jesus. He is our Shepherd and He guides us to living water.

Psalm 23:1-3
 
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
 
It is a beautiful literary device to propose that the Lamb is leading His sheep.
The Shepherd is a sheep who was slain.
 
If we follow the Lamb, we will be led to righteousness for His Name’s sake.
 
Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything inthe name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
 
Jesus is Lord: master and commander.
Jesus is LORD: God almighty, YHWH

2 comments:

  1. This is a really excellent blog, I'm nominating you for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I can't wait to see more of your work!

    http://solomonbound.wordpress.com/2013/03/09/beautiful-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words and endorsement on your blog. it was a great source of encouragement to me.

      Delete