Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Working for a weak end

Ecclesiastes 2:18-19

18 I hated all my toil in which I toil under the sun, seeing that I must leave it to the man who will come after me, 19 and who knows whether he will be wise or a fool? Yet he will be master of all for which I toiled and used my wisdom under the sun. This also is vanity.


You will one day die and give every tangible piece of this world away to someone else. You will not take your money, your house, your car, your clothes, your iPod, your anything else with you. All of it will be someone else's to keep, throw away, sell, use, or salvage.

All of what you have and work so hard for will slip through your fingers like sand through a tightly-clenched fist. The harder you clinch, the quicker it slips.

There is good reason to invest time and energy into wealth and resource management, but only in a context where real treasure is stored up in Heaven where moth and rust do not decay.

In the end, it's all gonna burn.  And you along with it if you never let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment