Monday, July 23, 2012

Thoughts from Ryan Seiler's "Into the Wind"


Check out videos on his Youtube channel HERE.

I recently purchased this album off of iTunes for my wife for Mother's Day.  She really enjoys Ryan Seiler's contributions to
Anthem.  As I was listening to the album, I found many songs that inspired, encouraged and excited me.  I love a good album and "Into the Wind" is good from first to last.

Here are just a few highlights of which I have taken note (some including the Biblical verses from which the song either draws directly or references indirectly).

“To See This”

Luke 2:34 34

And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, “Behold, this child is appointed for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is opposed..."

"And We Sing"

Jeremiah 6:14

14 They have healed the wound of my people lightly,

    saying, ‘Peace, peace’,
     when there is no peace.


"Don't Leave"

Lyrics

"We all agreed that this wouldn't be easy....
Don't make me choose between you and what we're fighting for
we all will lose if we give up and our efforts fall short.
I know it's been such a long time since we've just been friends
and not soldiers on the front line of a war."

"Cannonball Coming"

Lyrics

"There's no turning back; and we can't linger in the past. 
There's no turning back.  There's little in this life that last. 
And I won't take this all for granted 'cause 'this too shall pass.'
Time turns seasons into glances so let's raise a glass
to God, to friends: I hope I see you again."

Ryan Seiler is a very talented musician and songwriter.  Please visit one of the links above if you have not yet had the opportunity to hear any of his contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment