Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Counted, but not counted against

Romans 4:8
blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.

Not because He forgets how to count it or because there is no sin to count, but because He counts it against Jesus and counts His righteousness as yours.

Your only hope is not that God would stop counting, but that He would count you among those in whom Jesus is found.

A man is blessed only inasmuch as God does not count his sin against him.

O Lord, please do not count my sins, which are many, against me. It is my only hope. I have no other plea. No other boast before you. And in light of such mercies, please enable me now to live as one in whom you delight and by my actions and thoughts give you glory as I trust in You and Your promise fulfilled in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment