Sunday, August 30, 2020

day no. 15,287: duty, delight and deliverance

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and He has become my salvation.

GOD IS MY STRENGTH
God is my duty and my diligence.

I work hard to pay Him what I owe and I could never pay too much. There is no buyer's remorse when it comes to God. You cannot overpay or get swindled. The more you endeavor to spend, the better your investment. He is the incentive behind my inceptions. He empowers in me what He requires of me.

GOD IS MY SONG
God is my delight and my ditty.

We were made to sing. We are often found with a tune in our minds, on our tongues or being hummed in our mouths. We naturally raise our voices in concert to things we find to be true. We dirge when we despair and we yell when we're excited. Our voices are the release valves of our emotive states. The heart pours out the spigot of the tongue. We give words to what we worship. My joy is in singing to God. His joy is my strength, my duty is a delight and He is my ditty. God is my God and it sets my lungs and tongue to singing.

GOD IS MY SALVATION
God is my deliverance and my declaration.

If I was not in trouble, salvation would be watered down. An offer of redemption is sneered at when made upon a free man. The assumption of slavery is an offense. It rejects the deliverance on the premise that it insists on being free. God is my salvation. I cannot be my own deliverer. Until I declare myself enslaved, I will not find myself escaped. The dirty hand that spoiled the shirt cannot be the one that washes it. I need a clean hand to wash mine if I am to do any clean work going forward. So in declaring myself fallen, I find myself lifted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment