Wednesday, December 18, 2019

day no. 15,031 continued... results and resolutions

Juniper,

One year ago today, we received the results of the blood tests which were performed in response to an unusual ultrasound appointment. Between the time of the ultrasound and the results of the blood test, I prayed and fasted on your behalf begging God to heal you if in fact something was wrong or vindicate you if the original ultrasound was not seeing what it thought it saw. The results of the blood test confirmed you were happy and healthy and did not have any chromosomal abnormalities as they first suspected.

What a joyous day that was to praise God for His grace to you and to us as your parents and your siblings as your family. It is hard to conjure the kind of suspense in retrospect knowing the results, but I do remember the intense pleading and depth of supplication that was constantly on my heart prior to their publication. I remember how desperate I felt in waiting and how empowered I felt in pleading on your behalf and yet saying, "But not what I will, but Your will be done." I prayed that God's will would in fact be in unison with the one I felt so intensely and yet was willing to submit my feelings and longings to His designs. His goodness was never in question even while we awaited His decision. 

You are a testimony of God's grace and this has marked you from early on. May your heart be full of gratitude as you look above and around you knowing how deeply you have been loved and provided for by your Father in heaven and your father down the hall.

I love you little lady. Always have. Always will. No matter what. Forever and ever. Amen!

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment