Sunday, June 24, 2018

day no. 14,489: I am the Lord who sanctifies you

Leviticus 22:31-33
So you shall keep my commandments and do them: I am the Lord. 32 And you shall not profane my holy name, that I may be sanctified among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who sanctifies you, 33 who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God: I am the Lord.

Repetition in this chapter quickly reveals its theme, "I am the Lord who sanctifies you." Do not forget who is doing what. The Lord is sanctifying you. It is the Lord's desire to do so. And the end result is sanctification. It will happen because the One doing it said so. Don't lose heart. He is sanctifying you. He brought a people out of Egypt to be their God. He brings people out of slavery to sin to be their God. He sets them apart for the privilege of setting Him apart in their hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment