Tuesday, June 19, 2018

day no. 14,484: set aside and set apart

Leviticus 20:22-23
You shall therefore keep all my statutes and all my rules and do them, that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out. 23 And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them.

God actively set His people apart in the plagues that were visited upon Egypt. In each and every plague, a clear distinction was made between Egypt and Israel. And now that God has rescued His people out of Egypt, He is setting them apart in consecration. The reason He is displacing people groups before Israel is to create a set apart people, a city within the city, a nation within the nations pointing to God. If the people God rescued now turn back to the practices of those people's God removed, what would be their confidence of being permanent fixtures in the land?

No comments:

Post a Comment