Friday, August 25, 2017

day no. 14,186: vanity fair

Genesis 17:20-21
As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this time next year.”

God chose Isaac over Ishmael before Isaac had done anything, good or bad. Grace is not fair. If it was, it would no longer be grace, it would be a wage. Praise God for His wisdom in election and for the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. It is likely not how we would have done it, but who are we to say that our way would have been better? 

Would our way be more fair? Depends who you ask. 
Would it be less gracious? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment