Thursday, August 17, 2017

day no. 14,178: a decade

10 years ago this evening Paige and I were married. She wore a white dress. I wore a black tux. I cried. We toasted, we cut cake. We set the dance floor on fire and then nearly set the banquet hall on fire (sparklers were involved). We took home months of green bean casserole and cheesy potatoes. I like who we were and I like who we are now and all that has gone in between. It hasn't always been rainbows and butterflies, but it has been good, really good. One decade down for Team Van Voorst and we're only becoming more formidable by the day. If you wanted to stop us, you missed your window. We're too strong now (and we're only getting stronger). A dynasty is born.

1 comment:

  1. WE ARE (NOW) LEGION.

    Maybe that's a terrible and/or sacrilegious joke. But it feels like it applies. Also, I feel tough when I say it.

    I had forgotten about the freezer full of all that food - I can still taste it all, and feel the texture of it in my mouth. Too much green bean casserole and cheesy potatoes, if there is such a thing. (I assert there is.)

    ReplyDelete