Monday, May 4, 2015

day no. 13,342: living to die or dying to live?‏

John 12:24-26

24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives. 25 Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.26 Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.
If the only life you care about is the one that involves making the best and most of this life only, it will be taken away from you.

You've seen it a thousand times.

People die.

It's what they do best.

No one has ever lived who has not died.

If they lived only for this life, this life was certainly taken from them and it will be taken from you if you do the same as well.

BUT....

Those who live for the life that is to come and spend their lives as citizens of a better country, that is, a heavenly one, they will inherit life everlasting and be honored by God Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment