Tuesday, March 31, 2015

day no. 13,308: Jehovah knoweth none‏

Well may the accuser roar, 
of sins that I have done; 
I know them all and thousands more, 
Jehovah knoweth none!

Tullian Tchividjian mentioned this line in a sermon of his going through the book of James.
I love that line.

Satan is right.

I am wrong.

I agree with Satan.

I don't deserve to be forgiven.

But oh, what a God we have.

He does not treat us as our sins deserve.

It reminds me of this:

Zechariah 3:1-4
Then the angel showed me Jeshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord. The Accuser, Satan, was there at the angel’s right hand, making accusations against Jeshua. And the Lord said to Satan, “I, the Lord, reject your accusations, Satan. Yes, the Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebukes you. This man is like a burning stick that has been snatched from the fire.”
Jeshua’s clothing was filthy as he stood there before the angel. So the angel said to the others standing there, “Take off his filthy clothes.” And turning to Jeshua he said, “See, I have taken away your sins, and now I am giving you these fine new clothes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment