Tuesday, February 4, 2014

day no. 12,888: the revelation of Jesus Christ‏

Revelation 1:17-18

17When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. He laid His right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last,18 and the Living One. I was dead, but look—I am alive forever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and Hades.
 
John was arguably one of Jesus’ best friends and yet when John met the resurrected, glorified, magnified Christ, he fell down like a dead man before Him. All the familiarity and friendship experienced was no insulation for John from the awesomeness of the revealed Christ. That is not to say that intimacy and familiarity with Jesus is not to be sought and strived for in this lifetime, but rather to emphasize the fact that all of our closeness with Jesus do nothing to eclipse the honor and praise that are due Him. He is holy. Before Him we will forever stand amazed.
 
This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
 
Click HERE to hear a great song by that title which borrows its language from the letter we are about to read over the next few weeks.
 
If you love music and you love Jesus, you’ll want to make time to click and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment