Wednesday, October 23, 2013

day no. 12,784: happy birthday mom!

My mom has been alive 74 years as of today.

That's 27,030 days for those of you playing at home.

Psalm 39:4-5
 
4 Lord, reveal to me the end of my life
and the number of my days.
Let me know how short-lived I am.
5 You, indeed, have made my days short in length,
and my life span as nothing in Your sight.
Yes, every mortal man is only a vapor.
 
Selah
 
Selah is the Hebrew equivalent of "chew on that for a while."
 
So go and chew or stew or whatever it is you do.
For a while.

Number your days carefully so that you may develop wisdom in your heart.

P.S. It is also my mother-in-law's birthday today!  I know better than to report the number of days and years she has been alive.  But either way, here's to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment