Wednesday, February 13, 2013

you gots to get down to get up‏

When on our own, we try to stand before God; we fall.
When on our knees, we fall before God; we stand.

Revelation 1:17-18

17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. He laid His right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last,18 and the Living One. I was dead, but look—I am alive forever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and Hades.

John was one of Jesus’ best friends during Jesus’ earthly ministry; and when John saw the glorified Christ, he fell down at His feet like a dead man. But Jesus raised his friend John back to his feet.

We do not stand in God’s presence without His grace.
And by His grace, we stand secure in Him.

He is the beginning and the end, the point of it all.
He tasted death on our behalf, but death could not hold Him down.
He controls the afterlife where He reigns all of it: up and down, Heaven and Hell.

If we are controlled by Him, we too will live forever and stand with, through, by, and in Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment