Friday, February 1, 2013

but Jesus came...

Matthew 17:5b-7

… behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”6 When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified.7 But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Rise, and have no fear.”

The first and most appropriate response to God’s invasion into your world is to fear, fret and fall down. If you do not at first fear, I wonder if you heard what He said or if it was, in fact, Him who said what you heard.
 
“But Jesus came.”

I love that "but" (among others).

Because Jesus came on our behalf, our undone-ness is atoned for and we are by grace and through faith given a well done-ness.
 
Grace taught my heart to fear and grace my fear relieved.

Only from Jesus can we receive these Words of Life.
“Rise, and have no fear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment