Thursday, June 27, 2024

day no. 16,684: the trouble of troubles

2 Corinthians 12:8-10
Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In Christ we can be simultaneously grateful for our troubles and still able to call them troublesome. We don’t have to pretend that the thorns are tender, but we also don't have to harp on their hardship. We are free from the burden of our burdens, but not expected to act like they weren't heavy. We are freed by grace, but not to gripe. We can see His kindness in our hardships without pretending they are not hard. His yoke may be easy, but it is still a yoke. We are strong when we confess our weakness. This does not require us to be strong before we can say that, but it also requires us to be strong in Christ after saying it.

In Christ we can be weak.
In Christ we can be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment